_

_

HYPRConscious

What do you strive for?

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Lucidity Wavers...

I had one of my more lucid dreams this afternoon. Luckily it had flying involved in it. Once I found out that I was lucid, I tried flying around the room that I was currently in, which was like a bedroom of sorts. I wasn't having much luck there so I tried the window. After opening the drapes, I was surprised to find pure blackness instead of an outside view. Since the dream was lucid, I knew I wouldn't be hurt by diving into the blackness, but I was still somewhat afraid as to what I might find. I took the plunge anyway. I sailed down the blackness twisting and flipping for what seemed to be a couple seconds. Then I hit the ground. There was absolutely no pain involved at all. I looked around, I was in my peudo-backyard in Fort Wayne. It didn't really look too much like my house, (I don't even remember seeing the surrounding houses, save one) it just was.

This was a much better place to try to fly again. I first tried to levitate to the top of the houses (actually into the clouds, :greedy:), but I only got like 10 feet up and started to fall to the ground slowly. I needed practice. I started jumping around the backyard each time getting higher and higher until I started using, what seemed like, powered boosters coming from my feet projecting me faster into the air. Once I got on top of the house, it was all gravy from there. I jumped from house to house for what seemed like an hour or so. Every so often I would wake up, just enough to be conscious of my real life situation (being asleep in my bed, in my appt), but then I would just relax and go right back to my dream.

I got side tracked by a basket ball hoop. A basketball spawned into my hands. Where did these come from? Who knows, but its pretty convenient considering the circumstances. I proceeded to try to dunk the ball. Much easier than real life. So much fun. Some little kid appeared out of nowhere, he just wanted to watch. He seemed amazed that I could do what I was doing. He didn't' say anything from what I remember. After a couple of regular dunks, I tried some shots. Wow, the shots were MUCH harder than dunking. Once the ball leaves my hands, It just seemed to float, with a weird type of gravity to it. It was almost as if I was adjusting the gravity in order for the ball to come close to the basket. Very strange. Dribbling was even harder. The ball just kept spinning and bouncing really slow, it was really hard to get a handle on it. I eventually was able to keep the ball somewhat in my control. What was weird was that all this time, I was bouncing on grass. Now that I think about it, maybe that's why it was so hard to dribble. Whatever.

Shooting and dribbling go boring pretty quick, so I tried dunking again one more time before leaving. I just started off dunking regularly, gliding up to the rim and dunking it. Something weird happened after this which I never noticed before. I went to grab the ball again, after my first dunk and dunk it again. I didn't have enough time to do what I wanted to do, so I slowed time down... Wow, I didn't even know I could do that. I dunked the ball maybe 5 times in one jump all while the whole rim/basket structure was falling to the ground (destructive I know, what can I say?). That was pretty damn cool.

I opened my eyes. Back in my appt. That was one of my better lucid moments from what I can remember. If anyone ever invents a drug/machine which can induce lucidity, they are going to be a millionaire. Fuck virtual reality, I want MY reality.

You just read 5 hours of perception squeezed into 1 hour of "real" time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home