_

_

HYPRConscious

What do you strive for?

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Ahh, Humans...

Always keep in mind that we are just a bunch of monkeys. I mean seriously, if you think humans are so different from animals as to be not considered such, please just leave and never come back. Yes, just leave.

I was reading this article this morning. Which was pretty interesting. It kind of brought up ideas that I have had, but didn't really know how to word literally, the idea that near death experience is almost totally a personal experience. Much less of a scientific type thing or (OMG) religious thing. I believe that I have had a NDE, but since NDEs are said to be "outside" of time, it is kind of hard to pinpoint exactly what happened. Some might describe this type of experience as ego loss. Who knows exactly what happened, all I know is that it has shaped me as an individual more so than I can say for many events in my life. After having this mystical experience, it was hard for awhile to believe that it even happened. For about 6 months afterward I didn't even think about it much since it was almost too hard to comprehend.

I won't go into detail as to what I perceived, because it would be almost futile to try and explain. So I will talk about how this has shaped me since. For one, this experience has allowed me to live more freely it seems. Since I was at an extreme intense moment in my life at that very moment (seconds, minutes, hours, who knows?), everyday life after that seems not as intense as it once did (the nature of duality thinking). It also feels as though after having an experience in which I was perceived to be outside myself, it has allowed me too appreciate the feelings and experiences of other people more so than I did before. This has allowed me to be more open to other people's experiences and ideas, as well as being able to share mine more openly without fear of rejection. Many other day to day things such as how I try to mentally shape my attitude has also been an effect of this experience. Obviously, not all of these characteristics can be linked to this one exact moment, but I feel strongly that it did have much to do with the way I have lived ever since the experience. I do not perceive ANY negative side effects from this experience whatsoever. But who knows, I might have massive brain damage and might die at any second.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home