_

_

HYPRConscious

What do you strive for?

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

School.... CANCELLED?

WTF? University? Canceling? What is the world coming to?

There is a lot of snow here though, mostly drifting, so I can definitely see why they canceled. It really makes parking and getting out of a parking spot a real bitch with only 2wd. When we left today, there was only buses, police cars, ambulances, and plows on the road. It was pretty deserted. The actual roads weren't really that bad to be honest; not any worse than they were the last snow.

On another note, I really need to come up with an idea for senior design. I think I'm going to go talk to some professors and see if any of my ideas are viable projects. I would really like to make an audio effects device using DSP, but I've only had one semester of that, so I'm not sure if I could pull it off considering the time frame. My fall-back idea is a home security system, so if all else fails, I can just do that.

I kind of wanted to do a headphone amplifier through the USB port, but I really don't know if that is too easy/hard since I'm not sure what type of components it entails. I know there are probably a bunch of modules I can use that will make the project very simple, but we have to actually build/calculate 50% of our project (non-prebuilt), so I have to keep that in mind as well. I also need to keep in mind that I'm here to graduate, not have a cool project, so just getting done is my highest priority.

I didn't get the internship unfortunately, the interviewer said that they went with a student that would be willing to stay for the summer and fall, which I was not willing to do. I'm pretty sure I know who they picked, he's in most of my classes. Pretty smart guy, I'm glad he got hooked up. I kind of wonder why he took it though, that'll extend his stay for at least another summer semester possibly a fall as well. Oh well, hopefully I'll get another prospect before the summer comes.

1 Comments:

Blogger Alyssa said...

I had to read through a bunch of descriptions of lots of projects for IIT. I don't know exactly what senior project is at Purdue, but if you need ideas then take a look at the list of these: http://ipro.iit.edu/home/currentListings.php

They seemed pretty interesting; at least, some of them did.

5:10 PM, February 14, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home