_

_

HYPRConscious

What do you strive for?

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Weird

I had this really weird dream/sensation last night roughly 1hr after I had initially gone to sleep. In my dream, I started to feel an awareness; I started to become lucid. I was extremely afraid to becomes lucid for some reason. I just wanted to leave. I immediately attempted to wake up, and I did so. I took a quick look at the clock and realized what had happened. I realized that there was nothing to fear, so I attempted to gain lucidity again.

As I was relaxing into my state of sleep, I all of a sudden felt like I was being propelled through space at an increasing speed. What was weird was the fact that I had some type of audio distortion that seemed to grow with the speed that I was traveling at. It came to a point where it was 'sufficiently' intense, and everything became calm again. I was in.

I was completely clueless as to where I was. It was a void. I forgot that there was a 'real' world that I had just left behind. There was only black for a short time and then there was a face. I felt like this face was an entity of some sort, it was a really weird feeling. This face then proceeded to flash and morph into different faces. It kept flipping faces faster and faster. At this point, I am becoming more and more uneasy. I kept thinking that the faces would turn evil. I began to panic again. So after some delay, I woke up.

Thinking about the dream later, I was quite confused on where all of these faces had come from. Of the faces that I saw, I don't remember seeing any before. It is quite probably that these are faces mental constructions of faces that I had made up in my mind. With that logic being acknowledged, I keep thinking that these are real faces though. Like these faces belong to real people. Very weird dream.

1 Comments:

Blogger Adam said...

Interesting question. I left that part out of my post semi-intentionally.

I feel that the reason that I was fearful was the fact that it was totally unknown to me as to what was going to happen. I was delving into the unknown and I don't have as much confidence in my mental stability as I once did.

The uneasyness is probably due to my recognition of the situation at hand. I had experienced a similar situation before (in a non-dream state?) and the outcome was not-so enjoyable. I felt like it was bound to happen again no matter how hard I tried to avoid it.

My mental state nowadays is very robotic. I seem to handle everything just as it COMES. I don't try to act out/create as much as I feel like I should. I give myself excuses to take the most efficient path and not pay as much attention to my spiritual needs. In a nutshell, I feel like I'm stuck sleepwalking again.

On a different note, it seems that with the halt of my entheogen usage, my dream recall and dream control (in relation to lucid dreaming) has SEVERLY decreased. Knowing this consciously probably helped in increasing my uneasyness.

2:54 PM, October 27, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home