_

_

HYPRConscious

What do you strive for?

Friday, October 12, 2007

Idle Thoughts

As time passes, it seems as though my drive for finding answers to my internal questions becomes less and less. I remember a time where a large portion of my day-to-day brain processing was spent on trying to figure out why I acted the way I did, or why other people acted the way they did. It kept me in an intrigued/amused sort of state of mind.

It wasn't just this human interaction that intrigued me either. I also spent a substantial amount of time thinking about religion/spirituality/whatever-you-want-to-call-it. It always felt like there was something that if I learned it, I would feel much more fulfilled. I don't know if I ever really found what I was looking for, but the point is, why did I stop on this quest for "enlightenment"?

Day-to-day now, I feel/think like I perceive a "normal" person should. I think about what I'm going to eat, what kind of work I have to do, how much time do I have, etc. I rarely have any "novel" thoughts like I used to have on a daily basis.

It's not like my life sucks, because it's quite the contrary; I am very much enjoying where I am in my life, I have an awesome girlfriend, and I feel like I have a bright future ahead of me. There is definitely a lot to be happy about. It just feels at times that in the process of striving to build a "normal" and comfortable life, I have lost something in the process.

Here's to hoping we can all find something we've lost in the process of living our lives. :cheers:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home