_

_

HYPRConscious

What do you strive for?

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Xbox360 or PS3?

I still don't know which of these two systems I want to get. I really like the Xbox, but the PS3 just seems like a lot more quality hardware wise. Also, the Xbox has had so many problems that I would be afraid that it would turn out to be a $400 paperweight. Then again, if the PS3 doesn't get any good games, that would be a $500 paperweight from the beginning...

Good thing I don't have enough money to buy either of the two systems, or have an HDTV to play them on. Looks like I won't need to be making a decision for awhile.

On another note, I decided to quit smoking Tuesday. It's my first "real" attempt. Write that shit down in the history books. It's only been a couple days, but I keep getting these weird sensations where I keep attempting to grab my left jean pocket, realise I don't have any cigarettes, realise I quit smoking, feel extremely akward, realise there's nothing I can do to stop the akwardness. So I end up grabbing a piece of gum and chewing profusely until I forget what I was thinking about.

The actual physical withdraw isn't really too bad; I've had a few headaches, multiple times of feeling "unfulfilled" (whatever that means), but other than that, it hasn't been too terrible. Mentally, it's been a whole different story, it seems like my whole mindset is just thrown into a whirlwind. I can't seem to forget that I crave a cigaratte. It's not even that smoking a cigarette would feel that good, its just that I can't stop thinking about it at times. Honestly, if I smoked a cigaratte right now, I would probably feel nausous and ten minutes later, want to smoke another one. It's just a cycle I want to break. I want to see what it feels like to not have my life revolve around something so stupid as a cigarette.

Well, if nothing else, trying to quit has given me a sense of creative energy. Atleast I can think about how much of a hold cigarettes have on my life while trying to quit them at the same time. Seems like a good strategy. This will be an experiement of sorts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home