_

_

HYPRConscious

What do you strive for?

Sunday, August 20, 2006

People...

Is it possible that I am as blind to my own problems as I see others blind to theirs? Are these problems that I perceive them having really problems at all? Would I want another person to point out my flaws and/or short comings?

I'd like to think that I would. But thinking more deeply on the subject, I have my doubts as the whether I would want to know the information at all. I would probably just take it as an insult and just see it as their problem, not mine.

All this is brought to light because sometimes I see someone acting in SUCH ridiculous ways, I just want to sit them down and have an intelligent conversation with them about their actions. As in, "What the hell are you doing? Why are you doing ____ when all you really mean is ____?". I'm sure they wouldn't take too kindly to that type of conversation though. I believe that it takes a very strong and egoless person to be able to take criticism without becoming infuriated. But why? Why do we initially want to become angered when someone points out a flaw or an inconsistency in our logic? Why do we hold our ego so dear? God forbid we MIGHT be wrong right? What's the hurt in listening to another's take on the situation?

Mother fuck, some people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home