_

_

HYPRConscious

What do you strive for?

Sunday, August 06, 2006

Centering the "Soul"

Who knows if a soul REALLY exists. I definitely don't know for sure, but for the sake of this post, I'm going to assume that it does. No I'm not going to describe it, you already have a VAGUE idea as to what I'm talking about, so leave it at that. I don't need all the critical feedback relating to definitions.

Back to the topic at hand, I believe that meditation and psychedelics are GOOD for the mind and soul. If you know me at ALL, you know this what I believe. Now this GOOD that I'm speaking of is referring to being a productive and happy human being, obviously this is slightly different for every person, but everyone has a slight idea as to what good means to them. Meditation and psychedelic experience are two things which I feel "center" the soul. This is a constructive thing, IF the recipient is willing to take the responsibility that comes with it. I am not sure if people inherently want to be good or bad, but it gives them the ability to do what they want with their lives nonetheless.

Now I feel that this is generally a good thing because this allows people to take control of their lives. Much despair and lack of happiness comes from not "being in control" of one's life. If one is given the responsibility of being more "in control" with their life, they have the CAPABILITY of being more happy, and becoming what they want to be.

I believe that this "control" aspect has to do with the soul being aligned with the mind. The mind, the way I describe it, is more or less the automatic things that you do. You might not THINK they they're automatic, but I believe that this is just an illusion. This "centering" of the soul allows the soul to have metaphorical control of the mind. A higher order of thinking is established at this point. This thinking is present in "normal" situations, but is more prevalent when meditation or psychedelics are used.

Ultimate responsibility is then established. You realize that you are your own creator, and it is your duty to create your life. You begin to modify your "mind" in ways that benefit you. Eventually, if you stop taking psychedelics or stop meditating on a regular basis, your will begin to "sleepwalk" again. Your soul will go dormant as a bystander. Sure, it will peek its head every once in awhile to modify things slightly, but ultimately you won't be functioning to such a high degree. You begin to realize that you're becoming a pseudo-person again. You're still a physical entity, but you lose grasp of what you were trying to achieve mentally. You begin to fall into lazy thinking. Everything begins to run in the easiest routes. Your consciousness can barely be considered such from what it once was.

Fact or fiction? Fuck if I know. Comments needed, as always.

2 Comments:

Blogger Alyssa said...

This whole soul-connected-w/-the-mind and you-are-the-creator thing reminds me a lot of the book, Conversations w/ God. I forgot most of it since I read it last summer, but geezo it was pretty enlightening :-) ...Did you ever get around to reading the 2nd & 3rd books?

10:49 PM, August 08, 2006  
Blogger Adam said...

Nope, never got around to it. Great book though for sure :).

4:59 AM, August 09, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home