_

_

HYPRConscious

What do you strive for?

Friday, June 09, 2006

Friends, Girls, Guys?

I don't think its possible for a guy to be one on one friends with a girl without being attracted to her. I just don't think its emotionally/humanly possible for this feat to happen. I have heard that it IS possible for a girl to feel like "just" friends with a guy though. What is the difference in thinking? One theory is that the girl emotionally dumps onto the guy which is also known as the "intellectual bitch". A guy like this gets no respect from me, as he has no respect for himself. What are your opinions on this matter of one-on-one friendships between the sexes?

Also, another fiasco that baffles me is how can a straight male be in a group of friends with a bunch of girls? This is assuming that he is not romantically interested in any of the girls within the group. What is he getting out of the situation? Why does he enjoy it, or does he? Possibly he was just rejected from guy groups so that is the last resort? Maybe he doesn't want to lower his standards and join the guy group that he "should" belong to? I am TOTALLY clueless about this. I know for one that I would be close to incapable of having a platonic relationship with any female without wanting something more from the friendship. I definitely wouldn't be friends with a group of girls, be fucking serious. This has made my brain fry for some time thinking about this.

Divide by zero... Error.

3 Comments:

Blogger Alyssa said...

That's funny cuz I just wrote a blog that sorta relates to this...

Anyways, I think it is possible, becuz although guys and girls have noticeably different personalities, they're both people, and they both enjoy doing some of the same things. Ya know?

Are you thinking that girls only like talking about makeup and shoes and they only like going shopping all the time?? It's not like girls hate doing stuff that guys do and talking about things that guys like to talk about.

I dunno... All I know is that guys are people and girls are people, and people can be "just friends" with people very easily, whether it's two guys or two girls or a guy and a girl.

12:04 PM, June 12, 2006  
Blogger Adam said...

My main point is that I feel that women and men have two differnt outlooks. It really doesn't have much to do with interests persay, but more of a primal subconscious. Since I'm not a woman, I can't say much about what women think. But as for being a man, I feel that it would be near impossible for a man to be "just friends" with a woman that wasn't tied to him through social gatherings/work. This includes expectations and thoughts too. The man can not have ANY expectations for a romantic relationship, or be open to one if this is to be considered "just friends".

A woman can be "just friends" with a guy, while at the same time, the guy isn't seeing things the same way.

I know people are just "people", but we're animals at the most primary level. I do however believe guys/girls can be friends earlier in life before they hit puberty, etc. But I'm talking strictly adults in this post.

Also note that just being nice and friendly to someone on a regular basis isn't what I would consider someone to be a friend. This is someone who you call to go out and do things together and enjoy eachothers company.

::shrug:: Most of this is too subjective to be a good discussion topic anyway's, but I am interested to see what people think, guys and girls.

Thanks for you'r opinion Alyssa :)

3:59 PM, June 12, 2006  
Blogger Adam said...

lol, yea thats where most of this thinking stems from, that website. Not implying that I stole the information, but most of it seems to have some type of truth behind it. :shrug:

That website is a good read for anyone who hasn't skimmed through it before though. :thumbsup:

4:25 PM, June 13, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home