_

_

HYPRConscious

What do you strive for?

Monday, June 05, 2006

Time

Time never seems to go the speed that you wish it would. When you're having a good time, time goes by so fast. When you're bored/aggravated, time slows to a crawl. Why can't it be the other way around? That would make more sense anyway. I don't really know why time changes speed relative to your mood, but it annoys me to no end.

I have noticed that when I am at work or doing something that I don't really want to do, if I look at the clock earlier in the day, the day seems to drag on more slowly. I don't know if this is just a superstition or what, but it seems to hold true for me. It could also be that whenever I am having a bad day, I look at the clock earlier since I think that more time has gone by than I had initially thought. I should start rating my days depending on when I look at the clock first. After 9AM = decent day, between 8AM and 9AM = crappy, and before 8AM = hell. Lately, I haven't been looking at the clock till about 9AM or thereabouts.

Fucking driving down to Marion tomorrow on my own time/gas. I calculated that it costs me $15 to drive there and back on any given day, not even counting the 2hrs it takes in which I could be working making around $15 take home. So I'm wasting like $20-$30/day of my money just to do some bullshit labor work.

On a lighter note, I didn't have to work today since I came in Saturday. I messed around with my stereo and discovered that my sub ISN'T blown. Apparently I just so happened to pick up a dead 9V battery to test my coils. Still have to send in my eD amp though, that'll be a pain. Also, I'm probably going to be getting on a Denon 6 channel receiver and a pair of JBL reference speakers for $250. I can't pass that up ::huge grin:: .

2 Comments:

Blogger kc said...

needs more time machine.

:(

8:29 PM, June 05, 2006  
Blogger kc said...

p.s., i think this could be referred to as the phenomenon of "mental reversed-relativity."

you see, dear mr. reid welles, time is relative to the individual, or "system." the faster your mind goes (what we like to call "fun" and "happy time", or during "extracurricular activities"), the faster time seems to go. however, on the polar side, the slower your mind goes (aka "staring at things" or "working" or "other things"), the slower time goes. infact, it has been reported to stop alltogether until the next minute rolls around.

none of this applies to sleep. fuck that >:(

8:22 PM, June 06, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home