_

_

HYPRConscious

What do you strive for?

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Comedy

Comedy, its everywhere if you look hard enough. I think comedy helps us in everyday life. If you can get a task done, good. If you can get a task done while making the mood around you happier, even better. Obviously, you can't do this all the time, but keeping your mood too serious all the time makes things seem quite redundant. Its not always what you say either. Most of the time, its how you say it/how you act.

In my experience, it takes a talented person to be able to 1) get things done, and 2) to keep others entertained with their presence. Usually its one or the other for most of the population. "Keeping others entertained? Why the fuck would I care about that?" I don't know maybe because that's all there really is? As an example, if a person was in a work environment working to get something done, wouldn't it be quite boring after awhile if no one did anything to create any type of excited feedback? "I need that pen. I'm going to take a break. The weather's nice." That type of conversation get all too old after awhile. If you are accomplishing what you want to accomplish, while also keeping the people around you entertained with the conversation, what's the hurt in that? Often people that are good "entertainers" are the ones who are also labeled as the slackers. Sadly, this is definitely the case in most situations.


The "work" in this work/comedy balance isn't limited to paying job type work. I am also referring to just living in general. Making food, doing a project, watching TV, and general conversing are all good examples. When I refer to work, I am talking about anything that you actually DO with other people around.


I am probably one of the worst candidates for this type of balancing act, but I am a work in progress. What are ya gonna do, ya know? ["What do you mean what am I going to do?" ;) ]

2 Comments:

Blogger kc said...

ok, NOT funny.
NOT.

>:( ....


well, maybe it is

4:36 PM, May 18, 2006  
Blogger Adam said...

:)

9:44 PM, May 18, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home