_

_

HYPRConscious

What do you strive for?

Monday, May 22, 2006

Looking Back

It always amuses me to look back at what I have written, but have at this time, completely forgotten about. Some time ago, I went back onto a car audio forum that I used to frequent. I looked at some of my posts that I made, and was actually pretty impressed with my knowledge at the time. Even reading them now, objectively as I can, they seems quite insightful/knowledgeable. At the time when I was writing them though, I probably thought I was a complete dumbass, with no insight at all into what I was writing about.

One thing I noticed is that I like to read forums frequently, but I VERY rarely post. Does this seem weird at all? The only reason I don't post is because I know there are more knowledgeable people on the board which could answer the question better than I ever could. It would be a rare occasion in which I felt I could answer the question fully and better than the majority of the members on the board. I mean, I used to visit a board frequent and have less than 100 posts after a year period. This is trying to make as many posts as I could too, within reason.

I also hate how people on message boards like to live out their alpha male fantasy online. Let's be serious, who the fuck are you trying to impress? This kind of filters over into the myspace/facebook realm. I won't get into that so much because I haven't "experienced" that before, and I don't care to. But back to the alpha male thing, I never got that. Do you really think you can make someone feel bad using words, on the internet, to someone you don't even know? Get a job, go to school, do SOMETHING. But please, for the love of god, stop trying to "pwn" people on forums, its just childish. Let the people who know what the hell they are talking about to the fucking talking and shut the hell up.

(hope you enjoyed the insight to rant transition)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home