_

_

HYPRConscious

What do you strive for?

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Sparking My Brain

It's really hard for me to constantly write creative things on this blog. It just seems that I either don't have enough time, or it just isn't high enough on my priority list. I would really like to write more interesting things, but alas, uneventful posts like these are what I usually get.

I like writing about (what I consider) interesting topics because I like the idea that whenever someone reads my post, they are going to read it and interpret the topic at hand with their own perspective on it. When/if they reply, they are going to talk about the topic, but with their own spin on things. I like the type of conversation that gets spurred through pure curiosity, it just seems that much more real.

I guess that's why I like talking about more philosophical type things. It allows the participants more freedom to talk about how they feel rather than just spewing recycled information as if they were a book trying to prove it's value. I find when talking about more non-concrete topics, people don't tend to be as egoistic in manner. No one knows, its just about talking from experience. It's kind of like putting a puzzle together that you know will never be finished. In the end, its not going to be a masterpiece to hang on the wall, but it will still be really fucking cool doing it. I guess in a way, it feels almost like art. Is there an art to philosophizing?

I just wish more people were open to talking about these type of topics. Nowadays it just seems like everyone wants to talk about concrete things: Did you see that football game? How did your project turn out? Etc. If I try to spark something having to do with the future of religion, in what direction is the internet moving, or how emotions affect the typical human, people just think I'm a fucking loon most of the time. Sure, they might answer in a half hearted way and then change the topic, but no real conversation ever takes place. I do realize that you can't just go around talking about abstract things all the time, but being open to these topics never hurts anyone.

What the hell am I rambling on about? God, I DO sound like a loon...

3 Comments:

Blogger Sellew Cire said...

I think a couple of reasons people avoid such topics of discussion is because they themselves don't really know what to think about the topic (i.e. they never think about it and/or they find the subject matter boring or tedious to talk about) and the fact that they may be afraid to engage in the conversation. I'm not tryin to put an egocentric spin on this, but I think a lot of people avoid such conversations because they are afraid to speak their minds on it, maybe due to an inferiority issue, maybe due to lack of knowledge, maybe something else alltogether. I agree with your assessment on the frustration you get when people just won't engage in such conversation. I think it's when a really good convo of that nature gets sparked among individuals who aren't trying to push an agenda, everyone partaking learns something valuable. And I think that's the most important aspect of human to human communication.

4:07 PM, December 01, 2006  
Blogger A.M. said...

Loon? Who says loon? thats ABZUURD!

6:28 PM, December 01, 2006  
Blogger Alyssa said...

-What eric said.

I love reading your posts, seriously! --And if it's a philosophical kind of post and I don't comment, it's DEFINITELY not because I didn't enjoy reading it. Basically, your posts seem more like advice on life that you want to share with everyone who reads them; I certainly benefit from reading what you're thinking, so I just assume that you also benefited from thinking and writing about it.

you said, "I like the idea that whenever someone reads my post, they are going to read it and interpret the topic at hand with their own perspective on it." For me, reading it and interpreting the topic at hand with the AUTHOR's (your) own perspective is my method. ...Since I'm not very creative. And I usually stop there, without thinking about MY own perspective.

Ultimately what I'm trying to say is that I love reading about things that are over my head, but I give up on twisting them around to have my own take on things. That's basically what you said, except in my case, my lack of perspective is because I feel adequate after I adopt YOUR perspective; not because I don't have the desire to think about it.

6:39 PM, December 02, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home