_

_

HYPRConscious

What do you strive for?

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Bible

As weird as this is coming from me, I really need to get a Bible. I see so many parallels between my spirituality and many of the stories and metaphors that are used in The Bible. To me, it seems that there are many hidden metaphors in which I could relate to my spiritual experiences.

Sometimes I'll be thinking about a topic or experience, and I realize that it has some type of relevance to a passage that I am vaguely familiar with. I really don't have enough confidence right now to bring out some of the parallels that I have discovered thus far, but I feel that becoming more familiar with the stories might help give me more insight. I don't really know of what value I place on the Bible, but I do know that there are some really good passages in it that I could definitely benefit from. No, I'm not born again... yet ;)

2 Comments:

Blogger Alyssa said...

I feel the same way. Both the new and old testament have good stuff to munch on. I think Romans is awesome, or at least a good portion of it; it talks a lot about life in general, which I enjoy reading about.

The people who wrote the Bible weren't entirely demented, eh?

4:16 PM, December 11, 2006  
Blogger Adam said...

Maybe demented in a good way possibly?

4:35 PM, December 11, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home