_

_

HYPRConscious

What do you strive for?

Friday, December 08, 2006

CFL Lighting, and Lightbulb Ideas

I just put in some new compact fluorescent (CFL) bulbs as replacements for my incandescent bulbs. The whole feel to the room is completely different. At first I was really disappointed because I expected more light output, but after my eyes adjusted, I realized that I could see just fine, if not better. It give a more sterile/lab type feel to the room, but the other lighting was just too depressing. Maybe I just needed new bulbs in general, who knows. It just kind of got me thinking how important lighting is for the feel of a room.

On another note, I really need to start thinking about what I should do for my senior project. I have some ideas, but most of them are either too hard, or don't really have much value. For instance, I was thinking possibly a subwoofer amplifier, but that would be too ordinary. Everyone and their brother has done that one. I was also thinking along the lines of doing something with a CD turntable type device, but that would be too hard to implement with the knowledge I have now. I know I want to integrate music/sound into my project, but I can't really think of a niche to get into. One thought I had today was a wireless "plug n play" type device that would eliminate cords for headphones. On the receiver side, there would be a headphone amp to amp those ridiculously power-hungry Sennheiser headphones (or something high quality like that :) ).

I need to have a an idea for a proposal next semester, and I'm just feeling kinda lost right now. When I get decent ideas, they're too hard and complicated to implement. When I find feasible ideas, they're too simplistic and cliche.

If you have ANY suggestions of what I might want to look at, or what you think would be a cool idea, I would be GREATLY appreciative.

1 Comments:

Blogger Adam said...

Much thanks Ryan. I haven't really thought of the whole wireless video idea. Its just one of those things that passed me by. I'll definitely have to look into how feasible that'll be.

As to the ipod, that's actually a pretty good idea too. The only problem with that being: I don't have one, thus I don't know much about them. I'll have to look into what type of protocols they use to manipulate the media. Can one record directly to the ipod through the minijack cables, or would that have to be implemented?

6:14 PM, December 09, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home