_

_

HYPRConscious

What do you strive for?

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Cool Headphones


Just recently bought Kendra a new set of headphones. They are the Sennheiser 280 Pros. So far, I really like the sound of them. While they aren't as bass kickin' as my trusty Sony V-6s, the clarity and extension of the bass makes up for it. The highs aren't as smooth and crisp as I'd hoped, but easier on the ears than the Sony's. The mids/mid-low are a big improvement over the V-6s, and I really like that part about them. It really lets the music shine. The isolation provided by the cans is simply astounding. When I talk when wearing them, I feel like I'm in a fish tank.

Now for some drawbacks. They are considerably less comfortable than my V-6s and quite large. The plastic construction leaves one wishing there was more physical quality. All in all, quite a good buy for ~$80. We haven't had time yet to burn them in, but I bet in a week or so, the response will smoothen up a bit and sound even better.

Check out the Amazon and Headphonereviews.org reviews.

Anyone out there have any good headphones out there? Also, anyone know where to change the 'Labels' font/size?

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As far as the labels font size, you'll want to find the class definitions (usually at the top of your template) and you can change just about any aspect of it (example: font size=14).

I've been looking for a good pair of headphones for quite some time. The problem is that I don't really have time to use them, thus I would be unjustified in dropping $100+ on them. I wouldn't use them at home, and at work I would be more isolated than what is convenient. I had been looking at some Ultrasones, but simply can't justify the price for what I'd be using it for. Unfortunately at work, noise blocking is going to be a serious inconvenience.

I have never liked earbuds either. I've never had a pair with decent sound compared to even standard, cheap headphones let alone a good cup headphone. Let alone that after time, they grow uncomfortable. I'm not a fan of the ear-clip style for the same reason. While I've seen some of the newer ear-buds with some degree of customization (with different sized attachments for the part that goes in the ear canal) I've never had a chance to really try them. However, I imagine that their sound quality won't improve with the comfort.

It's a bad position to be in. For audiobooks, obviously there's no concern for quality. But I'm obsessed with sound quality when it comes to music. I want to be able to hear every little detail- the vocalist's breaths between lyrics, the pick hitting the guitar strings... you get the idea. For the music that I get into... man, I get in to it. I guess I'm very picky about the details when I'm picking apart the music I enjoy.

Longest comment ever.

3:58 AM, April 19, 2007  
Blogger Adam said...

I meant, which class? ;) I went through a bunch of them and can't seem to find anything.

In response to headphones, definitely check out some of the in-canal ones. From what I hear, the sound quality is ASTOUNDING contrary to what you might think. Check out Shure. They are definitely expensive, but that is some high quality stuff. The downside(?) is that the isolation is probably better than my cans. You most likely won't hear anything but the music. Another thing to remember is that since its basically creating a pressure zone (made up word) in your ear canal, you really have to watch the volume when using these types of headphones.

7:43 AM, April 19, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would assume that it's this class:


.post-title {
font:110% "Courier New", Courier New;
margin:1.4em 0 0;
padding:0 0 4px;
font-weight:bold;
font-style:italic;
line-height:0em;
color:#164b6a;
}

1:25 PM, April 19, 2007  
Blogger Adam said...

Nope, that class is the post title class (changes the font/size of the titles). I really can't find shit, I can't even find where it's listed in the code below the class declarations. Anyways, let me know if you ever find out, if not, no worries.

3:08 PM, April 19, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, for some reason I was thinking that you mean the Title of each post... (slaps forehead)


The class that you want is clearly blogger-labels, however in your page source I don't see it defined and I'd assume it's the same in your template window. I would assume that it's something that blogger has a default for, and that you simply need to define this class and its attributes to change them.

5:06 PM, April 19, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home