_

_

HYPRConscious

What do you strive for?

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Pigeon and Primer

So, apparently out of all the porches in my apartment complex, the lone pigeon decides that my porch is the best. Seems like every night this damn pigeon comes and sleeps on my rail. Normally, I wouldn't mind, but this guy shits like a 1/4 cup per day. Now I have bird shit all over my porch.

The other night, I went out there and caught him sleeping, so I scared him away with a broom. On second thought, I realize that could have been my chance to push him off the ledge and give him something to remember... But apparently he doesn't give a fuck about me cause he keeps coming back. If he doesn't leave, I'm going to make it a point to hold onto the bristle side and swing for the fences. God damn birds.

On another note, I just watched a movie called Primer the other night. Wow. That movie had me thinking like a madman that's lost his marbles. The beginning is somewhat drab, but VERY quickly picks up pace. There is a lot of talk about building something which is very electrically/engineering intensive that even threw me through a loop to follow. The movie just keeps trucking along, paced in a way to keep you on your toes, THINKING the whole time, which I love. Although the primary concept is somewhat overused, when you consider the way the movie is put together, it's pretty damn interesting.

I'll have to admit, a major reason why I liked this movie is because it somehow found a way to cross the engineering mindset (structured/solid) with a sort of vibey theme (unexplainable/obscure).

I'm not sure if I can really give a great review on the CONTENT of the movie because I honestly was pretty lost at some points. It's definitely one of those movies that have a lot of replay value. When you consider the quality story lines of movies recently (...), I think you owe it to yourself to SEE IT!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll definitely check it out.

11:50 PM, September 30, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home