_

_

HYPRConscious

What do you strive for?

Monday, December 18, 2006

Interesting Situation

I went to go check my grades tonight (grades come out 8AM Wednesday) and low and behold, my dumbass professor forgot to add my massive extra credit assignment. In part, I feel that this is somewhat my fault. As dumb as this sounds, stay with me here.

So this 'professor' (if you want to call him that) tell us that we have a choice to submit either this extra credit assignment or our final lab report on Thursday Dec. 7th. We can then submit the other assignment (the one we chose not to submit) on Tuesday Dec. 12th. I had already written the extra credit assignment at the time that he had told us these options because this extra credit assignment was worth a MASSIVE amount of points (200 pts out of a 1400 pt class). Most of my classmates however, decided to do the final lab report first (I knew this). The final lab report was to be submitted physically, and the extra credit was to be submitted by email.

"Hmmmm", I thought to myself, "Is this guy capable of checking both PAPER documents, AS WELL as ELECTRONIC documents?". Probably not, but hey, I already had the extra credit done, and seeing that I had a lot of other shit to do, I decided to email him my extra credit since he said it was our choice. This was my lazy way of doing things, I DID have ample time to complete the final lab report, but I thought "Hey, he SAID it was our choice to turn in either assignment either day." Why waste time doing something that's not needed right?

Wrong. I forgot to take my professors "dumbass threshold" into account as much as I should have. I should definitely pay more attention to my gut feelings next time, seeing as I could have been called a fortune teller in foreseeing this situation.

What really gets me is that fact that policy-wise I did absolutely nothing wrong, but if you were to ask any of my classmates if what I did was a good idea, I'm sure you'd see quite a few grimaces and smirks. I guess I can see this as a lesson. Don't underestimate another's stupidity?

PS: It should be noted that my initial reaction was to
(laugh at first, and then right after) get mad at my professor. But what is that really going to help? The preferable reaction would be to understand how this situation could have been avoided. It's just interesting that it wasn't my initial reaction. Just some food for thought.

UPDATE: I just called the professor, and apparently I had an 'A' without the extra 200 pts... See Paul, that's why I take no pride in technology.

2 Comments:

Blogger A.M. said...

If you ever want anything done right, you have to do that shit yourself.

Cliche, but true.

10:45 PM, December 19, 2006  
Blogger Alyssa said...

I'm empathizing over here :-)

12:26 AM, December 21, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home