_

_

HYPRConscious

What do you strive for?

Monday, January 08, 2007

First Day Back

First day back at school and I am coding in VisualBasic again? This struck me as being quite counter productive. I remember coding VB back in high school. While there are some definite advantages to VB (mainly simplicity), I really don't want to learn any more of it unless I really HAVE to. I like the complexity of completely textual based languages because of the flexibility and customizable nature. I feel like I am studying a dead-end language when coding in VB. I don't really think there is much substance that can really be obtained I/O wise using this language. Ah, just so depressing to start back and go through a tutorial like you've never programmed in your life before. Such an ego shattering experience ya know? I'd just like to do some work that aimed for better results rather than these simple 2-3 step bullshit processes.

On another note, being back from break is somewhat relaxing. I did have a great break though. I was able to catch up with a bunch of great friends and see whats going on with them. Quite a rewarding experience in general.

Being back at home this year made me realize that my family seems to be doing better as time moves on. Not that I ever felt that my family was in any type of massive disarray, but being home allowed me to see how well everyone is doing. My dad seems to be doing pretty well, albeit more stressed out because of his new(ish) job. He seems to be in good spirits. Emily seems to be doing her own (high school) thing, but I really think she's got some great things in store for her in the future. She's such a bright person. Alyssa, being at the academy is such a great thing in general, but the aspect of her becoming (seemingly, correct me if I'm wrong Alyssa ;) ) more accepting of herself is quite the achievement in my book. I hope she has the strength to overcome her own worst enemy, herself :). My mom seems to be in great spirits these days. I'm not really sure of how her work is going, but around the house she's as cheerful as ever, which makes me very happy to see her like that. One person that I am very proud of is Eric. What a turn around both physically, and more importantly, mentally. Such a great attitude can do such great things. Keep on discovering brother, know that I am very proud of your self discipline and will to change for the better.

But not all can be going well, there is one person which seems to be on the low side these days. And this person is Paco. He just recently, in the past few months, seems to have picked up a series of quirks in his behavior. Kind of weird since he is somewhat middle aged (6 years). Oh well, I'm sure he's at least having fun in his reality ;) .

Well, I really just hope everyone reading this had as great of a break, if not greater, than mine, and I wish you all a great year and years to come.

1 Comments:

Blogger Alyssa said...

You're so uplifting, Adam! ...And optimistic, which is nevveerrrrrrrr a bad thing :-). It sorta seems like everyone in the family has been doing well all along though, and it's been only recently that we've each fully shared the celebrations of our "well"s with everyone else. I know there're absolutely no rules or guidelines for being in a family, but I've at least noticed a trend: we're happier when the family is closer.

And poor paco, I'm really wondering about him too. He's just going a little nuts, but he doesn't seem depressed or anything...

Anyways, happy semester to you too ~ Hope to see you again soon!

10:22 PM, January 08, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home